Are you looking for a good engineering cover letter example? Well look no further! Here is an example of a good cover letter sample for an engineer along with some good tips to keep in mind when writing one.
You could also check a good engineering resume example here.
Engineering Cover Letter Example
Dear (List full name of recruiter or hiring authority and their title here),
Please consider my enclosed resume and credentials as my application for the Title of Position Here position at Company Name Here. Review of my qualifications will showcase years of demonstrated experience facilitating the overall system design process, from initial specifications and simulation to prototyping. These experiences have enabled me to define the core nature of issues, identify and analyze root causes and detect waste elimination opportunities. I am certain that my motivation, academic experience, bilingualism/multilingualism, engineering expertise and professional demeanor will make me an excellent addition to your team as your Title of Position Here.
Other highlights of my career that succeed expectations of [Company Name] Here would be:
- Exceptional academic qualifications, including a Full Degree Name from School.
- Proposed solutions to increase value to mentioned processes, projecting a significant reduction in manufacturing and times respectively.
- Scripted an object tracker based on particle filter in MATLAB, in order to target unspecified objects in a footage from a UAV camera.
- Tapered tracking error by exploring feature extraction methods and devising a two-level image filter.
- Conducted an extensive comparison in IEEE paper format using simulation logged results.
- Managed all phases of multiple projects in collaboration with agencies and contractors across various cities.
In particular, the strong relationships cultivated with clients, team members, upper management, and the community has resulted in significant increases in the success of numerous projects and a stellar reputation in the industry. It would be a pleasure to work at your organization where teamwork, efficiency and customer satisfaction comes first. My resume will provide additional details concerning my accomplishments. I welcome the opportunity for an interview to discuss the performance you can expect from me.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Tips for Writing an Engineering Cover Letter
1. Focus on Achievements
Remember that there could be hundreds of other candidates applying to the same job which is why you need to mention some achievements on your cover letter and resume.
2. List out Major Competencies
An engineer usually has many technical skills, programs and applications they’re familiar with. While you don’t need to list out all of them on a cover letter, you should include the ones that are most relevant for the position. Read over the listing in detail to see which skills are required and make sure you list them on your cover letter.
3. Keep it Short and Concise
Engineers in particular love going on about all their projects and skills on a cover letter and it ends up being just too long. The perfect length for a cover letter is 1/2 – 2/3 of a page long.
Writing a cover letter for an engineering job isn’t easy but hopefully the example and tips in this post will help you. Good luck with your job search!